Mar 17, 2019
In this episode, we begin by reflecting on the counselling
interventions and issues raised in episode 1: non-paternity. We
then introduce a new case about John* and his mother Eileen and the
issue of non-disclosure about a genetic diagnosis in the family. If
you haven’t listened to episode 1, start there first.
Join the discussion on social media with #GCchatpodcast
More information about topics referenced in our discussion:
- Eno et al., 2018 “Misattributed parentage as an unanticipated
finding during exome/genome sequencing: current clinical laboratory
practices and an opportunity for standardization”, Genet Med.
- Beagle has Landed podcast https://beaglelanded.com/
- The white ribbon foundation
- Chen et al., 2017 “Patient Perspectives on Intimate Partner
Violence Discussion during Genetic Counseling Sessions” J Genet
- Lewis and Robinson, 2017 “Preparing Genetic Counselors for
Patient Disclosure of Intimate Partner Violence: An Assessment of
an Intervention Toolkit” Human Genetics Theses and Capstones (Sarah
Our episodes contain material that may be distressing to some
listeners. If you feel you need support, please contact your local
crisis centre. Some suggestions are listed on our website, along
with our privacy statement and disclaimer.
*Pseudonyms are used throughout